The four automated functions of DNA2Tree are:
- Gathers DNA Matches and Trees
- Clusters DNA Matches
- Finds Common Ancestors (CA) between matches – Note: Some CAs are yours, others are not
- Builds Birth Family Tree
ThruLines is Ancestry’s newest tool to estimate relationships based on your tree and the trees of your DNA matches. will often show you multiple relationship paths.
Use Thrulines with caution as Roberta Estes explains Here
My Heritage DNA Theory of Relativity (ToR)
Theory of Relativity is MyHeritage’s newest tool to estimate relationships based on your tree and the trees of your DNA matches. ToR will often show you multiple relationship paths.
Roberta Estes explaines more Here
Tools offered by the DNA companies that will be useful for your search / research. Click on the Tabs to learn more.
Summary of various 3rd party tools that can be useful for your search / research. Click on Tabs to learn more.
Books, Blogs, Websites, & More
Finding those that are truly helpful can be confusing and overwhelming
There are different types of sites dealing with adoption:
- Search Support: Where you can get help with a search. Many of the commercial sites charge fees – some fees can be quite exorbitant
- Advocacy: These organizations work to change adoption laws. Adopee Rights Law is an example
- Registries: almost all states and some countries have them. Commercial registry sites often charge a fee. See Step 2 for more information.
- Communities: Deal with a specific organization or individual, Homestead and Georgia Tann for example, that were facilitating adoptions. The organizations usually provide support and search help. Many have moved to social media platforms.
- Everything else: Most of the rest have other purposes and are unhelpful for searching, contact and reunion.
While some sites are free to use, many require donations, subscriptions, or charge fees for their services.
NOTE: Look for experienced and ethical organizations and individuals. Please check with others before you hire anyone.
As always, check the site’s credentials before uploading any personal information.
Our recommended list is below.
Not all organizations are created equal. If you have a question about a site that is not on the list, please Contact Us and we will gladly provide our insight and opinion.