This Chagnon Family History is base on the Narcisse “Nelson” and Delina (Bouchard) Chagnon Family Branch. This branch is in the Pierre and Louise (Fauvrea) Chagon Family Tree. There is also information on other branches included in the genealogy descendant and outline reports.
What this eBook includes:
- A brief narrative and regional map about Touraine, France where our ancestors came from.
- A narrative about New France (Quebec) where our first ancestor arrived in North America.
- An overview of the Carignan-Salieres Regiment and the Filles’ du roi.
- A short description about the earliest Chagnon Coat of Arms and what the symbols on this crest stand for.
- A historical timeline that list many world and United States events that have happened from 1000AD to present to will help with understanding what people had to live through, including us today.
- Two brief narratives. One about the Town of Champlain, New York which is where our first Chagnon immigrated to in the United States and the other is about the City of Burlington, Vermont where “Nelson” and Delina Chagnon raised their family.
- There is article about Rev. Francois X. Chagnon, a catholic priest who rebuilt a church and started a school in Champlain, New York and how we are related.
- A genealogical descendant report that shows our lineage back to Pierre and Louis (Fauvrea) Chagnon. This includes other descendant branches.
- An outline report of Narcisse “Nelson” and his wife Delina (Bouchard) Chagnon’s Family Tree branch starting with Nazaire and Euphemia (Cusson) Chagnon who are “Nelson” parents.
- An article on one of our ancestors who could have given us our Native American connection. This you will have to read and decide for yourself.
- Followed by some brief bios and photos of “Nelson” and Delina and each of their 14 children, which are broken down into separate chapters.
- Those who have gone before us is dedicated to family members that have died. Some photos are included.
- Last, an Appendix A, which contains a list of the sources that I have used in my research.
This is not only an great resource, but a excellent family heirloom and makes a really nice gift that can easily be added to. This is a wealth of information that every descendant of this family should have and know.
This Chagnon Family Tree History is also available in a 3 ring binder and a soft bound cover version.